Procurement policies and preliminary review
Before establishing a relationship with a new supplier, Casio conducts a comprehensive evaluation of the supplier using criteria such as the following, compliance with laws and social norms, efforts in the area of environmental conservation, capacity to provide proper information protection, respect for the intellectual property rights of other companies, soundness and stability of corporate management, level of technology development abilities, ability to deliver the appropriate price and quality, ability to provide a stable supply, and measures for conducting electronic commercial transactions.)
- Determine your ability to comply with Casio’s requirements for its suppliers.
- Select your products and parts with a high level of market competitiveness, and submit a proposal to Casio.
Initial meeting and presentation
An advance evaluation is conducted by the purchasing department, focusing on these details:
- Items to be supplied
- Supplier’s business type and production/sales results, etc.
- Supplier’s corporate overview including sales, technology development, production, and quality assurance system
- Present an overview of your company (company profile, pamphlets, etc., to be submitted in advance)
- Describe the special features of your products and technology (superiority to competing products)
Advance evaluation with Casio designers, covering:
- Specifications of your products
- Overview of your development and design system
- Production methods and capabilities, as well as quality assurance methods, etc.
After the advance evaluation by the purchasing department, you will be notified about a meeting with designers. At this meeting, provide more details on the special features of your products.
- Evaluation of your product sample specifications and reliability, etc.
- Confirmation of your quality assurance system and environmental management system (Casio will audit your facility)
- Confirmation of your management and financial conditions (please disclose your financial statements)
Submit price estimates, product samples, approval drawings, reliability data, etc., to meet specific product specifications presented by Casio, based on the premise that you may become a Casio supplier.
Final evaluation Approval
Casio will confirm quality, reliability, and environmental quality, etc., before the initial delivery for parts to be contained in Casio products. A final evaluation and approval will be performed including the performance and quality of the items that you supply.
- Receive a Casio inspection relating to quality, environmental measures, and management, and disclose the necessary information.
- Submit the mass-produced sample for final approval, along with the relevant documents and data.
Supplier registration procedures
Final procedures by the purchasing department:
- The necessary procedural documents will be confirmed before Casio establishes a relationship with a new supplier.
Submit the procedural documents requested by Casio.