Environmental Performance Data
│Greenhouse gas emissions (Scope1 and Scope2)
│Waste related data
Models Certified as Casio Green Star Products and Casio Super Green Star Products
│Casio Green Star Products
See some products that were certified as Casio Green Star Products (photos show product examples).
Label printer EC-K10（Lateco）
- Blank space at the beginning and end of the tape reduced by 76% compared to the conventional model (compared to Casio KL-G2 model)
- Reduced plastic waste from cartridge disposal by using a tape refill method
Scope of Data
The scope of the environmental performance data for fiscal 2022 is shown below.
Period covered: April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022
Sites covered: 63 Casio Group sites
However, sites for which it is difficult to monitor water usage and waste generation due, for example, to an office lease agreement, are not included in the scope of calculation.
Numerical data on environmental performance for each site is listed separately
(1) Items with no input, usage, handling or discharge performance have been left blank.
(2) Figures are rounded off to the second decimal point, in the specified units (figures shown as “0.0” are less than “0.05”).
(3) When total Casio Group values for VOC inputs/emissions and PRTR are 1 ton or more, data is shown separately for the individual site.
(1) Energy input amount
- All fossil fuels and power used in business activities are totaled for sites indicated in the Scope of Data.
- Includes fuel usage by company vehicles, but does not include energy used for contracted logistics services, commuting, and business trips.
- Crude oil equivalent is calculated in accordance with Japan’s Act on the Rational Use of Energy.
(2) Water resource input amount
- Intake amounts of tap water, industrial water and groundwater are combined.
- Sites for which it is difficult to monitor water usage due, for example, to an office lease agreement, are not included in the scope of calculation.
(3) Office paper usage amount
- Managed and tabulated based on the purchased amounts of paper used in printers, fax machines, and copy machines each year.
- The weight of one sheet is determined for each paper size, and weights are calculated based on the amounts purchased.
(4) PRTR substance input amount
- Calculated for chemical substances subject to Japan's PRTR Act whose annual amount handled per substance is 0.05 tons or more at each site.
- Calculated for VOC inputs subject to a follow-up survey of achievements related to the four electrical and electronic industry associations’ control of VOC emissions whose annual amount handled is 0.05 tons or more at each site.
(1) CO₂ emissions
- To calculate CO₂ emissions from the use of fuel, coefficients were used based on unit calorific values by fuel type and emission factors related to the use of fuel, as stipulated by Japan’s Act on Promotion of Global Warming Countermeasures.
- CO₂ conversion coefficients for electricity were applied as follows.